WHO chief Tedros says 12 dead in strike on primary healthcare center in Lebanon

2 months ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX
Smoke rises aft  Israeli strikes, pursuing  an escalation betwixt  Hezbollah and Israel, amid the U.S.-Israeli struggle  with Iran, successful  Beirut, Lebanon, connected  March 14, 2026.

Smoke rises aft Israeli strikes, pursuing an escalation betwixt Hezbollah and Israel, amid the U.S.-Israeli struggle with Iran, successful Beirut, Lebanon, connected March 14, 2026. | Photo Credit: Reuters

The caput of the World ​Health Organization said connected Saturday ‌that it has verified ​12 doctors, paramedics ⁠and nurses were killed successful a onslaught connected ‌the Bourj Qalaouiyeh superior healthcare halfway successful ‌Lebanon precocious connected ‌Friday (March 13, 2026).

“The ⁠killings successful the ⁠last 24 hours of 14 wellness workers successful confederate Lebanon ​mark a ‌tragic improvement successful the escalating Middle East crisis,” Director-General Tedros Adhanom ‌Ghebreyesus said successful a station ​on X, noting that earlier successful ⁠the time 2 paramedics had been killed successful ‌an onslaught connected a wellness installation successful Al Sowana.

Israel has launched an extended bombing run against the almighty ‌Lebanese equipped radical Hezbollah, ​which has killed much than 770 radical and ⁠displaced hundreds of thousands ⁠more, portion Hezbollah has fired hundreds of ‌rockets crossed the border.

Published - March 15, 2026 04:38 americium IST

Read Entire Article