The Supreme Court connected Tuesday (October 7, 2025) issued notices to societal media level X and the Assam portion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) connected a plea seeking the removal of an AI-generated video that portrays a pejorative script of Assam being “taken over” by Muslims if the BJP loses the upcoming Assembly elections.
A Bench of Justices Vikram Nath and Sandeep Mehta heard the substance and issued notices to some X and the BJP’s Assam unit.

Advocate Nizam Pasha, appearing for the applicant, told the court, “A video has been posted arsenic portion of the upcoming election... it shows that successful lawsuit a definite governmental enactment does not travel to power, a definite assemblage volition instrumentality over... it shows radical with skullcaps and beards.” He urged the tribunal to initiate due penal enactment against those liable for circulating the content.
The application, filed done advocator Lzafeer Ahmad, stated that the video posted connected September 15 from the authoritative X grip of the BJP’s Assam portion depicts visibly Muslim individuals taking implicit cardinal landmarks successful Assam, including beverage estates, Guwahati airport, Rang Ghar, and authorities lands.

“The video shows the gross nonaccomplishment arsenic good arsenic the implicit disregard of secular values that the ruling dispensation of immoderate State of our state is bound to uphold. It is further submitted that a State Government, elected and formed nether the Constitution of India, is the guardian of each communities and is specifically prohibited by the Constitution from engaging successful favoritism inter alia connected the ground of religion, race, caste, gender, language. Thus, the load of being fair, conscionable and secular is acold greater connected an elected Government,” the exertion said.
It argued that the video “openly targets, vilifies and demonises Muslims”, suggesting that “the worst destiny that a State tin beryllium met with is its takeover by Muslims”. Accordingly, it sought directions for the contiguous removal of the video from X to forestall “further communal disharmony”.
According to the application, arsenic of September 18, the station had been reposted implicit 6,100 times, liked 19,000 times, and viewed 4.6 cardinal times. “Thus, the aforesaid is required to beryllium taken down instantly to incorporate immoderate further dispersed of communal disharmony, unrest and enmity,” it said.
The exertion was filed successful a batch of petitions concerning hatred code targeting the Muslim community, including the wide reported events successful Delhi and Haridwar successful 2021, wherever inflammatory speeches and calls for establishing a “Hindu nation” were made. One of the petitions successful the batch, filed by erstwhile Patna High Court justice Anjana Prakash and writer Qurban Ali, seeks enactment against those liable for specified hatred assemblies. Another, filed by Delhi BJP person Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay, seeks a abstracted instrumentality connected hatred code and rumour mongering, successful enactment with the Law Commission of India’s 2017 recommendation.
Earlier, connected September 18, the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee had lodged a First Information Report (FIR) astatine the Dispur constabulary presumption successful Guwahati against the State BJP’s IT Cell for “criminal conspiracy, abetment, promoting enmity betwixt spiritual groups, and usurpation of the exemplary codification of conduct” successful narration to the video.
“The video portrays visuals of legalised beef income successful nationalist spaces, renamed landmarks adorned with Islamic motifs, exaggerated statistic claiming a 90% Muslim population, and a wide effort to polarise communities for electoral advantage,” the ailment had stated.

7 months ago
2





