Mohali schools receive bomb threat emails, Fortis Hospital also mentioned

3 months ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX
Representative image.

Representative image. | Photo Credit: Getty Images/iStockphotos

Some schools successful Punjab's Mohali received weaponry menace emails connected Tuesday (February 17, 2026), which besides mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting constabulary to motorboat hunt operation, officials said.

"The weaponry menace to schools besides mentioned the Fortis Hospital successful Mohali, wherever we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept connected clasp portion indispensable services continued," a elder constabulary authoritative said successful Mohali.

He said the constabulary were conducting checks successful the schools.

Security had already been strengthened successful and astir Fortis infirmary successful Mohali aft Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted successful the infirmary connected Monday evening, hours aft helium was discharged from the wellness facility. Mr. Mann was admitted again aft helium experienced exhaustion, said sources.

On Wednesday (February 11, 2026), sixteen backstage schools successful Mohali had received weaponry menace emails, triggering evacuation and prompting elaborate anti-sabotage checks by police.

However, aft elaborate inspection, nary suspicious oregon explosive worldly was recovered astatine immoderate of the locations.

The latest scare comes adjacent connected the heels of akin threats successful Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned retired to beryllium hoaxes.

Published - February 17, 2026 11:35 americium IST

Read Entire Article