Minister Ponnam appeals to petitioners to withdraw petition on BC reservations

7 months ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX
Ponnam Prabhakar

Ponnam Prabhakar | Photo Credit: NAGARA GOPAL

Transport and BC Welfare Minister Ponnam Prabhakar appealed to those who filed petitions successful the Supreme Court against the Government Order (GO) implementing 42% preservation for Backward Classes (BCs) successful section assemblage polls to retreat it, stating that the projected hike successful BC reservations would not harm the existing reservations for the unfastened class (OC) members nether EWS.

Speaking to the media connected Saturday, helium said that he, on with Deputy Chief Minister Bhatti Vikramarka and Minister Vakiti Srihari, would beryllium leaving for Delhi connected Sunday arsenic the proceeding successful the Apex Court is scheduled for October 6. “We are taking enactment to guarantee that beardown arguments are made connected behalf of the authorities by taking proposal and suggestions from ineligible experts connected the issues to beryllium dealt with successful tribunal regarding reservations,” helium said.

Mr. Prabhakar added, “There is an effort to artifact the 42% preservation for BCs taken by the State government. Even though immoderate radical are opposing the enhanced BC reservations, personally, successful the sanction of Reddy Jagruthi, it doesn’t mean that everyone is connected. All elders should enactment the weaker sections, particularly successful situations affecting agrarian areas. Efforts are being made to guarantee that BCs besides person rights akin to those of SCs and STs arsenic per the Constitution.”

Mr. Prabhakar said that the Bill had been passed with statement and the enactment of each governmental parties.

Published - October 05, 2025 08:27 p.m. IST

Read Entire Article