Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused Hamas connected Wednesday (December 24, 2025) of violating the Gaza ceasefire statement aft a subject serviceman was wounded by an explosive instrumentality successful Rafah and Israel vowed retaliation.
Read | Meaningless truce: On Netanyahu, the Gaza ceasefire
His bureau said successful a connection that Hamas indispensable afloat uphold the October agreement, noting that it envisaged the militant radical being removed from powerfulness successful Gaza arsenic good arsenic demilitarisation and deradicalisation of the territory.
“Israel volition respond accordingly,” the connection added.
The Israeli subject earlier said that an explosive instrumentality had detonated against a subject vehicle successful the southern Rafah country of Gaza and that 1 serviceman had been lightly injured.
Violence has subsided but not stopped since the Gaza truce took effect connected October 10, and the sides person regularly accused each different of violating the ceasefire. Gaza’s wellness ministry says Israel has killed much than 400 radical successful the territory since the ceasefire went into effect.
A 20-point program issued by U.S. President Donald Trump successful September calls for an archetypal truce followed by steps towards a wider peace. It yet calls for Hamas to disarm and person nary governing relation successful Gaza and for Israel to propulsion retired of the territory, which remains successful ruins after 2 years of war.
The sides person not afloat agreed to everything successful it. Hamas has said it volition lone manus implicit its arms if a Palestinian authorities is established.

4 months ago
1






