Inquiry ordered after one-and-a-half-year-old dies at Shishu Gruha in Anantapur

7 months ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX

An enquiry has been ordered into the decease of a one-and-a-half-year-old lad admitted to the Shishu Gruha successful Anantapur town, aft his assemblage was allegedly buried hastily without informing elder officials.

According to sources, a pistillate from Kalyandurg handed implicit her babe to the Women and Child Welfare section connected September 30, citing fiscal difficulties that prevented her from caring for him. The baby, calved underweight, had been receiving attraction for wellness complications.

Following owed ineligible procedures, the lad was taken into the attraction of the section and shifted to the Shishu Gruha successful Anantapur. He was aboriginal admitted to the Anantapur Government General Hospital for further treatment.

ICDS Project Director M. Nagamani told The Hindu that the babe suffered diarrhea connected Dasara (October 2) and died. Shishu Gruha officials reportedly informed the territory collector and the ICDS Project Officer of the decease via WhatsApp and completed the last rites the adjacent morning.

The substance came to airy aft it was revealed that the baby’s last rites were conducted without decently notifying elder officials. Following this, Collector O. Anand ordered an enquiry and sought a study connected the origin of decease and consequent developments, Ms. Nagamani said.

She added that though Shishu Gruha officials had requested doctors astatine the GGH to admit the babe for attraction 2 days earlier, the kid was sent back, with doctors stating that his information was stable.

Meanwhile, tensions reportedly arose among Shishu Gruha staff, with the manager and ayahs blaming each different for the incident. “We person issued memos to the manager and ayahs regarding the matter,” Ms. Nagamani said.

Published - October 04, 2025 10:01 p.m. IST

Read Entire Article