Govt. slammed over non-release of Rythu Bharosa funds

2 months ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX
 SIDDHANT THAKUR / The Hindu. 

T. Harish Rao presenting a presumption connected ‘River Waters - Congress's Betrayals’ astatine Telangana Bhavan successful Hyderabad connected Sunday, January 4, 2026. Photo: SIDDHANT THAKUR / The Hindu.  | Photo Credit: SIDDHANT THAKUR

Former Minister and BRS Deputy Floor Leader T. Harish Rao connected Wednesday lambasted the State government, alleging that it has failed to fulfil its promises to farmers and is diverting nationalist funds toward luxuries and large-scale projects alternatively of enactment to the mediocre farming community.

In a property release, Mr. Harish Rao criticised Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy for the non-release of funds for the Rythu Bharosa scheme. He recalled the Chief Minister’s comments astatine a nationalist gathering successful Miryalaguda connected February 4, wherever Mr. Revanth Reddy reportedly assured that Rythu Bharosa amounts would beryllium deposited arsenic soon arsenic the municipal elections were over.

“Even though 10 days person passed since the exemplary codification of behaviour expired, determination is nary motion of Rythu Bharosa,” helium said. He added that the contented was not discussed successful the caller furniture gathering either, calling it impervious that the authorities was ne'er superior astir honouring its commitment.

The BRS person accused the Congress of making a mockery of the Rythu Bharosa strategy for 2 seasons and said that the pre-election committedness of providing ₹15,000 per acre had turned into a instrumentality for governmental deception.

Criticising the government’s fiscal decisions, Mr. Harish Rao questioned however funds amounting to thousands of crores were being allocated for projects specified arsenic Musi River beautification, demolition and redevelopment astir the riverbanks, caller parks, onshore acquisition for the projected Fourth City, and extended roadworthy works, portion citing a shortage of funds to enactment farmers.

He alleged that the authorities had already paid ₹25,000 crore successful commissions to large contractors successful the existent fiscal year. The BRS elder MLA besides slammed the Chief Minister’s projected campy bureau successful Jubilee Hills.

Published - February 25, 2026 07:02 p.m. IST

Read Entire Article