Eight Israelis held after assault on Palestinian village

1 month ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX
An state   worker  look   connected  arsenic  Israeli authorization  employees bare  a Palestinian location  arsenic  11 Palestinian families successful  the Batan al-Hawa country  of Silwan. File

An state worker look connected arsenic Israeli authorization employees bare a Palestinian location arsenic 11 Palestinian families successful the Batan al-Hawa country of Silwan. File | Photo Credit: AFP

Israeli constabulary said connected Sunday (April 5, 2026) 8 suspects were arrested aft an overnight onslaught by Israeli civilians connected a Palestinian colony successful the occupied West Bank.

"Last night, forces... were called to the colony of Qusra successful Samaria pursuing a study of an battle and arson of spot by Israeli civilians," a constabulary connection said, utilizing a Biblical word for the bluish West Bank.

"During searches, 8 suspects were arrested by the forces connected suspicion of being successful a closed subject portion and of engagement successful the incident, and were taken successful for questioning."

The suspects were aged betwixt 18 and 48, and during their searches the constabulary besides recovered an M-16 battle firearm issued by the army.

The Palestinian authoritative quality bureau WAFA, citing section sources, reported that the battle had been carried retired by Israeli settlers.

WAFA said they had operated "under the extortion of Israeli forces" and "set occurrence to 2 poultry farming structures".

A 32-year aged Palestinian antheral was assaulted, and rescuers said helium had "sustained a heavy caput wound".

The quality bureau said the settlers had tried earlier connected Saturday (April 4, 2026) evening to onslaught homes successful the village, but residents confronted them.

Qusra, located betwixt Nablus and Ramallah, connected March 14 witnessed a deadly onslaught by settlers who gunned down a section nonmigratory and wounded 2 more, Palestinian officials said.

Violence successful the West Bank, which Israel has occupied since 1967, has risen sharply since the October 7, 2023 Hamas onslaught connected Israel triggered the Gaza war.

There has besides been a spike successful deadly attacks by Israeli settlers successful the West Bank since the commencement of the Iran war, Palestinian authorities and the United Nations person said, with astatine slightest six Palestinians killed since March 1.

Settler assaults connected Palestinians person persisted for years, often to the indifference of mainstream Israeli society.

But the caller surge has prompted disapproval from influential rabbis, settler leaders, and adjacent Israel's subject main Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir, who called the attacks "morally and ethically unacceptable".

Published - April 06, 2026 01:49 americium IST

Read Entire Article