2,893 pending non-bailable warrants executed in Tirunelveli district

6 months ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX

The Tirunelveli territory constabulary person executed 2,893 non-bailable warrants during this twelvemonth since January by arresting the accused, who went underground aft being enlarged connected bail to debar attending the ongoing trials successful the tribunal and aboriginal verdict by the courts.

In a statement, Superintendent of Police N. Silambarasan said the territory constabulary had been entrusted with the occupation of executing the non-bailable warrants pending successful assorted constabulary stations aft the accused went underground. As the accused did not be the trial, the cases were pending. Consequently, the courts issued non-bailable warrants against these accused.

The Station House Officers were asked to execute these pending warrants by arresting them. Among those who were arrested by the constabulary were execution lawsuit accused Mayaperumal, 60, of Brammadesan, who went underground for 9 years, Antony Suresh, 52, of Radhapuram (6 years) and Rajesh, 40, of Kerala (hiding successful Karnataka for 7 years) and transgression breach of spot lawsuit accused Thomas, 64, (hiding successful Karnataka for 10 years), Mr. Silambarasan said.

Published - October 27, 2025 08:53 p.m. IST

Read Entire Article